Well here are the promised pictures as per yesterday. My camera definitely doesn’t like the blues or purples but on the whole the pictures didn’t turn out to badly. Doing the gradation of boysenberry and adding 5 ml of black made for a more interesting turnout of colours than the previous trial. I guess another method would be to have the boysenberry constant and then increase or decrease the amount of black additive, it all depends on what you’re after.
Boysenberry gradation with 5ml of black additive to each step.
Next are the series of swirls I did in the bowls yesterday, several were the same so I just posted the best pictures. I did a low-water-immersion on these swirls so instead of crisp lines of colour they are more blended.
It’s always the colours that you think will turn out yucky that seems to come out the best. I guess that’s why it’s always a good thing to experiment.