Well I did the washout today and the material came out sort of how I expected.
The purple wasn’t as intense as I’d like, in fact I’m not too sure exactly what it is. I re-applied some of the mixing red to the marbles so there are some spots that are more reddish in the background than others. I do have some purple spots and the rest is well I don’t really know.
The thing that I found interesting was that the circles of yellow were for the most part subdued. There are some really yellow circles but for the most part they are a mix of the yellow, red and purple. This surprised me because I applied the rubber bands fairly tightly and I had a good 1/4″ or more of elastic covering the fabric so you’d think there would have been more of a resist. I think if I hadn’t re-applied the red I wouldn’t have covered up the yellow so much.
All in all, it’s an interesting material. I’m not sure what it can be used for but since I’m swapping most of it away…hey…it’s not my problem.