I finally finished dyeing the quilt backing yesterday and thought I would post some pictures of some of the steps.
Covered in Saran Wrap with some empty flower containers to weigh it down. After a couple of hours I placed the fabric in a very large plastic Rubbermaid container and floated the whole thing in a bathtub of very hot water and left it to batch overnight.
I’m really pleased that this backing worked out so well. It was worth taking the time to do the third trial test piece. After having done the first two pieces I was ready to use a plain black homespun for backing and the only reason I didn’t was because I’d already torn my 108″ pfd white to size plus I would have had to seam the black homespun to fit the quilt and and the black homespun was expensive at $10 a metre.
Now on to quilting and binding.
P.S. Oh and yes I did for a second time…