I finally finished off the unicorn scarves for the girls and one knight’s helmet for Jake. As well, I can now post the Minion’s quilt with swag that I made for Jonathan’s birthday. In total I made four unicorn/pony scarves but forgot to take a photo of Alexis scarf but it’s much the same just a different colour mane. The knight’s helmet was totally cool to knit as I haven’t really knit a structured piece like that before. It came out a little small but that wasn’t unexpected as most of the Ravelry notes on the pattern said the helmet fit small. I didn’t have Jake’s head measurements so I’m glad that he could get it on his head.
Charlie’s pink unicorn scarf. (See previous post for link to Heidi May’s website for pattern)
Side view of scarf.
Kenny’s rainbow pony scarf or as Charlie would have it baby unicorn scarf because baby unicorns don’t have horns.
Jake’s Knight helmet. This pattern was created by Maggie van der Stok and is a free download in Ravelry.
Knight’s helmet with feathers.
Minions quilt – the second I’ve made. I did more quilting on this one. Same reaction as the first time I finished this quilt, a feeling of happiness just looking at it, maybe it’s all that orange.
Assorted loot that I picked up over the previous year while waiting to finish this quilt. None of the goodies was over $10 and the big stuffie I got for $10 marked down from last Valentines Day.
That’s it for knitting for now. Spring is coming up and so I’ve decided to try and finish some quilts that have been put on hold for a while. I have one quilt top that is finished and is waiting for me to clean off the dining room table so I can pin the layers together and then quilt it. I have another Civil war era quilt that is a block of the month in miniatures and I did start to blog about it quite a while back, that needs to be finished off as well especially since it’s going to be a king-sized quilt and I don’t have a king-size quilt for my bed.
Take care and Hoppy Easter.
Last night I finished up a Christmas project that’s been sitting on the shelf for a few months. Being the procrastinator that I am I always seem to do these things just before the Christmas deadline.
My little granddaughter has a thing for Minions so when the quilt kit went on sale at Fat Quarter shop I bought it. My oldest son also has a love for all things Minions as well and I’d originally thought of making it for him but the two year old won out. This was a fairly easy kit and once I got my act in gear it took about a week to finish and that only involved one long day of quilting and another of sewing down the binding.
I machine stitched all of the quilt, outlining the main character’s features and clothing. I then did a meander stitch in the orange background fabric surrounding the minions. I stitched along the borders and then for the inside of the yellow border I did another meander stitch but in a different style of curls. I’m quite happy with the way it turned out. It seemed fairly simple but now that it’s done it makes me happy looking at it, maybe it’s all that orange and the smiling Minion faces.